Chelsea may have eased past Nottingham Forest on Sunday and book their place in the next round of the FA Cup, however a number of fans on Twitter were far from pleased with what they saw from Michy Batshuayi.
Frank Lampard decided to make a number of changes to his side for the home encounter against the Championship outfit and it appeared to pay dividends.
Goals from Callum Hudson-Odoi and Ross Barkley in the first half were enough to ensure Chelsea would be in the hat for the next round of the competition (BBC).
Batshuayi was one individual (amongst many) to be handed an opportunity to show Lampard what he could offer the side, however it appears he failed to make the most of his chance.
Indeed, a number of the club’s faithful took to the social networking site to slate the Belgium international’s performance and were not afraid to let their true feelings known.
Some stated that they could not believe how poor the £19.8m-rated striker (as per TransferMarkt) performed, whilst others felt his time at Chelsea was coming to an end with the January transfer window now in full swing.
Here are just some of their reactions to his display…
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City
- Newcastle United have real interest in Real Betis playmaker Nabil Fekir
- Barcelona suffer break down in contract talks with Sergi Roberto