Top four hopefuls Chelsea will be looking to record back-to-back Premier League victories when they face off against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park tonight.
The Blues will enter the game full of confidence after thrashing Watford 3-0 in their last game.
Chelsea are set to have to make do without the services of N’Golo Kante for the game, according to Sky Sports.
The Frenchman suffered a hamstring injury during the game against Watford and will not recover fully in time to feature.
Chelsea duo Fikayo Tomori (muscle problem) and Mateo Kovacic (Achilles problem) will also be absent, added the report.
Frank Lampard’s charges will be the overwhelming favourites to win the game.
In addition to having a better side on paper, Chelsea are also in better form. The Blues recovered well following their shock defeat against West Ham to defeat the Hornets.
By contrast, Palace has lost their last three consecutive Premier League games. They also lost their last match 3-0 against Leicester City.
Recent history favours Chelsea as Palace has lost four out of their last five home league games against the Blues. The last time that Palace beat Chelsea at home was in October 2017.
Interestingly, none of the last 17 Premier League games between the two teams have ended goalless.
Chelsea has won 13 with the other four being won by Palace. Palace’s defending against Leicester was poor and if they fail to tighten up against the Blues, they could be punished quite severely.
Chelsea will be the favourites but nothing can be taken for granted in Premier League football.
- Tottenham Hotspur devise plan to sell Dele Alli at the end of the season
- Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka could be sidelined for at least six weeks with a knee ligament injury
- Jurgen Klopp raves about Diogo Jota ahead of Liverpool’s Champions League clash vs Porto
- West Ham United could sanction Declan Rice’s sale for £90m next year
- Manchester United vs Villarreal: Champions League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups