Chelsea attacker Callum Hudson-Odoi has sent the Blues fans an upbeat message on Twitter after it was confirmed he has tested positive for the coronavirus.
The Covid-19 health issue has become a global pandemic, with footballing authorities across the UK and Europe postponing domestic competitions.
The Chelsea winger is one of a number of high-profile football identities to have contracted the virus and the promising attacker will now have to spend time in self-isolation in a bid to recover and avoid the further spread of coronavirus.
Hudson-Odoi has taken to Twitter to tell the Blues supporters that he is ‘feeling fine’ and has anticipated his return to first-team action at Stamford Bridge will not be too far away.
For Chelsea, the break in football fixtures comes at a critical time, with the London club fighting to secure a place in the top-four to qualify for Champions League participation next season.
The Blues are currently fourth in the Premier League standings and hold a three-point advantage over Manchester United in fifth place.
For Hudson-Odoi, the latest setback is another blow in the young Chelsea starlet’s burgeoning career.
The 19-year-old has endured a number of serious injuries during his young career, which has prevented him from maximising his opportunities in the Premier League.
Hudson-Odoi has played in 17 top-flight games this season, but has only been handed seven starts by Chelsea manager Frank Lampard.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer