Celtic have reportedly joined Arsenal in the race for Newcastle United goalkeeper Freddie Woodman.
The Chronicle reported in March of interest in Woodman from Arsenal, adding that the Gunners have scouted the goalkeeper extensively.
The 23-year-old is on loan at Championship club Swansea City from Premier League outfit Newcastle at the moment.
The Chronicle has now reported that Celtic have joined the race for the young goalkeeper.
It has been reported that the former England Under-21 international is on the radar of the Hoops, who need to sign a new goalkeeper this summer following the departure of Craig Gordon and the return of Fraser Forster to his parent club Southampton following a loan spell at the Glasgow giants in 2019-20.
Celtic or Arsenal?
Arsenal are a massive club and are more appealing than Celtic, but a move to the Hoops would make more sense.
Woodman is playing regular first-team football at Swansea, and at Arsenal, he will have to play second fiddle to Bernd Leno.
The Bhoys desperately need a new goalkeeper this summer, and a move – even on loan – to Celtic Park would be more beneficial to the 6ft 2in goalkeeper, as he would stand a better chance of playing first-team football.
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself
- Tuchel was not scared of Kane joining Manchester City
- Varane reveals his special history with Manchester United
- Nottingham Forest must appoint Chris Wilder as their next manager