Jamie Carragher has told Liverpool to resolve Mohamed Salah’s contract situation quickly.
The Egyptian forward’s current deal at Anfield expires in 2023.
Carragher thinks that Salah is one of the best players in the world at the moment and can perform at the top level for several more years.
With that in mind, Carragher told Sky Sports that Liverpool must not risk losing him for free.
The 29-year-old produced a dazzling performance against Manchester City yesterday.
He assisted Sadio Mane for the opening goal before adding a world-class second to earn Liverpool a 2-2 draw at Anfield.
Salah will be 31 by the time his current contract expires.
The Egyptian will know that his next deal will be his chance to secure a bumper payday.
Keeping him at the club would guarantee the Reds over 20 goals a season for the next few years.
However, things will be more difficult if the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona come calling.
Assuming their financial issues are resolved, the La Liga giants could make Salah an offer he can’t refuse.
On that basis, Carragher is absolutely right to warn Liverpool about Salah’s future.
He is an asset they cannot afford to lose, and they must offer him a bumper contract.
As things stand, the player holds all the aces and Liverpool may find it difficult to meet his demands.
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet
- Five Cracking Soccer Fixtures To Stream In April 2022￼
- Arsenal star Bukayo Saka drops Champions League hint amid Man City’s interest