Some Wolverhampton Wanderers fans were quick to sing the praises of Leander Dendoncker, despite witnessing their side fall to Liverpool on Thursday night.
Nuno Espirito Santo’s team could not have got off to a worse start in front of a Molineux crowd when Jordan Henderson struck the net within the first ten minutes of the game.
Superstar striker Raul Jimenez gave the Old Gold faithful some hope when he equalised shortly after the half-time interval but Roberto Firmino appeared to come up trumps just as the game approached the final five minutes of normal time.
Although fans will have been disappointed they could not get more from the game, many of the Wolves faithful still seemed to be pretty impressed with what they saw from Dendoncker.
A plethora of supporters took to Twitter to share their positivity regarding the Belgium international, with many delighted to have witnessed a solid performance by the 24-year-old.
Indeed, statistics collected by WhoScored would suggest he had a pretty fine outing as well, as he achieved a total of two tackles, two interceptions, two clearances and blocked one shot which in turn handed him a match rating of 6.62.
One fan on Twitter had suggested Wolves’ £25.2million-rated versatile midfielder (via TransferMarkt) had been “outrageously good” whilst another stated that he had been playing “class” as a centre-back.
Here are just some of their reactions…
- Celtic and Rangers face uphill Champions League battle
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative