Some Newcastle United have taken to Twitter to give their reaction to the performance of Joelinton against Manchester City.
Joelinton was in action for Newcastle in their Premier League game against City away from home at the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday evening.
The 23-year-old forward started the match and played for 66 minutes, as Steve Bruce’s side suffered a heavy 5-0 defeat.
The Brazilian has struggled for goals this season, and youngster failed to do much of note in or around the City penalty box.
According to WhoScored, the forward took one shot which was not on target, had a pass accuracy of 92.3%, won one header, took 28 touches, attempted one dribble, and made two tackles and two clearances.
So far this season, the Brazilian has made 31 starts and two substitute appearances in the Premier League for the Magpies, scoring two goals and providing two assists in the process, according to WhoScored.
Joelinton has also played six FA Cup ties for Bruce’s team this campaign, scoring two goals in the process, according to WhoScored.
Some Newcastle fans were not impressed with Joelinton’s performance against City and have criticised him on Twitter, although one or two have shown their support for the forward.
Below are some of the best comments:
- Celtic and Rangers face uphill Champions League battle
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative