Automatic promotion chasers Brentford will face off against Stoke City in a Championship clash at the bet365 Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
The Bees head into the clash on the back of eight successive league victories and they also won their last game 1-0 against Preston North End. They are just one point behind second place West Bromwich Albion with a game in hand and will fancy their chances of surpassing the Baggies for the second automatic promotion spot to the Premier League.
The Bees are expected to be without Shandon Baptise, according to The Standard. The report added that Josh Dasilva is expected to start the game after he was on the bench for the victory over Preston. Sergi Canos could be set to return to action following an injury layoff.
Even though they will be favoured to win the game, Brentford cannot underestimate Stoke. The Potters have won 12 out of the 27 games which the teams have played against each other with the Bees emerging victorious in just six.
Thomas’s side can take comfort from the fact that they won the last game between the sides. This was an FA Cup clash at Griffin Park in January.
With Stoke in 18th place in the standings, Brentford will be the firm favourites to win the game. The Bees are a side who are confident right now. They will also be hungry to win. Though Stoke has improved since the recruitment of Martin O’Neill as their manager, they could find the goings tough during the game.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer