Advertisement

West Ham United manager Slaven Bilic has dismissed claims he and striker Diafra Sakho had a row and says he expects him to be fit for the visit of Everton on Saturday.

The Hammers play the Toffees at the London Stadium, which will prove to be a tough challenge with Ronald Koeman’s men in a rich-run of form.

The Irons are hopeful they can call on Sakho to be available for the fixture, whilst Bilic has also taken the time to address the reports made about an altercation between the two individuals.

It was in the ‘papers that I had a row with Diaf, but no, there is no rift between us,” he told the club’s official website.

Advertisement

“I called Diaf on the day we travelled to Sunderland and asked him what was happening because he got injured and all that.”

Reports claimed the Senegal international was fuming that he had not been selected for the match against the relegation-threatened side, despite appearing in the game against Arsenal as a substitute previously.

“He said ‘I am only frustrated because I have a small injury but I hope to be back for the game against Everton’ and we will see that,” Bilic confirmed.

“There was no argument whatsoever between us.”

The relationship between Bilic and Sakho has reportedly difficult between the pair, with the striker close to leaving the club last summer, but for the move to West Bromwich Albion falling short to a failed medical.

The back injury the Senegalese has, which ultimately ruined the move to the Hawthorns, is the reason the player has missed the majority of this year’s Premier League campaign.