Leeds United announced the signing of Ian Poveda on Friday, with a section of the Elland Road faithful taking to social media to welcome the new man to the club and express their delight at his acquisition.
The Whites are embroiled in a promotion push and currently sit second in the Championship standings, with high hopes that the Yorkshire giants can return to the Premier League this term.
However, Leeds have had a tough run of results recently and have seen their advantage over the chasing pack reduced.
Poveda is a 19-year-old versatile winger who has joined the Elland Road side from Manchester City on a permanent deal.
The new Leeds attacker has an excellent calibre at youth level, with time spent in the academies of Barcelona, Arsenal, Chelsea and City.
Poveda has taken the number 7 shirt and will provide competition on the flanks to the likes of Jack Harrison and Helder Costa.
Leeds fans wasted little time in welcoming their new man to Elland Road, with plenty of them delighted that the news had finally been announced.
- Tottenham Hotspur fans critical of Dele Alli’s performance in the north London derby
- Arsenal fans react to Aaron Ramsdale’s performance in the north London derby
- Emile Smith Rowe reacts on Twitter after Arsenal’s stunning north London derby win
- Hugo Lloris admits Tottenham Hotspur were outclassed by Arsenal in the north London derby
- Mikel Arteta confirms worrying injury blow for Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka