Relegation candidates Aston Villa are due to face off against top four hopefuls Manchester United in a Premier League clash at Villa Park on Wednesday. The Villains enter the game in 18th place on the league standings with 27 points from 33 games. A win could leave them on the verge of exiting the drop zone. A defeat will make the possibility of survival start to look less likely.
Dean Smith’s side will have Tyrone Mings and Jack Grealish available after the duo suffered minor injuries whilst playing against Liverpool, according to BBC Sport. The report added that Matt Targett is due to miss the game due to a hamstring problem.
The Villains have a difficult task on their hands. They play against one of the league’s in-form side. United are a different team since the January arrival of Bruno Fernandes and they have won their last four consecutive league games.
Villa can take heart from their performance during their 2-0 defeat against Liverpool. They frustrated the Reds for large amounts of the game and were unlucky to not leave the game with a point after Liverpool scored two late goals to secure victory.
The reverse fixture which was held at Old Trafford in December ended in a 2-2 draw. The game will be the 50th league encounter between the sides. Villa has won just three out of the past 49 games, with United winning 34.
Villa has one victory against United at Old Trafford which came in December 2009.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer