According to Arena Napoli, Aston Villa are interested in signing Fernando Llorente from Napoli in the January transfer window.
Villa are on the hunt for a striker this month after the season-ending injury to Wesley.
The Villans’ sporting director Jesus Garcia Pitarch has identified former Tottenham Hotspur striker Llorente as a transfer target this month.
Competition for Tottenham Hotspur
Villa are not the only club in the Premier League who are reportedly interested in bring Llorente back to the top flight of English football.
According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Tottenham want to bring the Spanish striker back to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
The Spain international striker was on the books of Spurs from the summer of 2017 until the summer of 2019 when he left on a free transfer and join Italian club Napoli.
According to WhoScored, Llorente has made three starts and 12 substitute appearances in Serie A for Napoli so far this season, scoring three goals and providing one assist in the process.
The 34-year-old former Swansea City striker has also scored one goal in 86 minutes in the Champions League for Napoli so far this campaign, according to WhoScored.
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction