Arsenal forward Eddie Nketiah desperately needs a fresh start if he is to fulfil the potential he showed during the early part of his career.
Nketiah was a prolific scorer for England at U21 level, sparking talk that he could be the next big thing in the Premier League.
However, he has struggled to nail down a first-team spot at Arsenal and was strongly linked with a move elsewhere this summer.
Crystal Palace and Brighton & Hove Albion were touted as possible destinations, but neither club were willing to pay the £20 million asking price.
Nketiah’s development has hit the buffers at Arsenal, with manager Mikel Arteta clearly unimpressed with the young striker.
The 22-year-old is unlikely to play much over the next few months, which will further hamper his progress as a footballer.
His contract with the Gunners expires next summer, and he needs to quit the club if he wants to be successful.
There is likely to be plenty of interest in Nketiah, although Palace are probably out of the running after signing Odsonne Edouard from Celtic.
Brighton are still a possibility, but it would be no surprise if West Ham or Everton come calling over the next few months.
The Hammers need to strengthen their attacking options, with the club currently overly reliant on Michail Antonio for goals.
Everton are in a similar position as Dominic Calvert-Lewin is their main source of goals at the moment.
Nketiah would be an excellent signing for either club, and it would be no surprise to see them make a move for him.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer