Alan Shearer has taken to Twitter to give his reaction to Newcastle United’s defeat to Leicester City on Wednesday.
Newcastle suffered a 3-0 defeat at the hands of Leicester at home in the Premier League.
Ayoze Perez put the Foxes in the lead at St. James’ Park after 36 minutes, and James Maddison doubled the advantage for Brendan Rodgers’s side just three minutes later.
Hamza Choudhury wrapped up the scoring for the visiting team in the 87th minute.
Newcastle legend Shearer was following the match, and he has given his take on the final result on Twitter, and so has former Leicester striker Gary Lineker.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Yep brilliant from your team. Horrendous defending AGAIN cost the Toon. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NEWLEI?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NEWLEI</a> <a href="https://t.co/2w9dvcFRR7">https://t.co/2w9dvcFRR7</a></p>— Alan Shearer (@alanshearer) <a href="https://twitter.com/alanshearer/status/1212419182991728640?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 1, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Over the course of the 90 minutes at St. James’ Park on Wednesday, hosts Newcastle had 23% of the possession, took five shots of which two were on target, and earned four corners, according to BBC Sport.
Visitors Leicester had 77% of the possession, took 16 shots of which nine were on target, and earned five corners, according to BBC Sport.
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City