Fabian Balbuena’s agent Renato Bittar has revealed that the defender could have left West Ham in the January transfer window, though he opted against it.
“Fabian (Balbuena) had isolated himself due to contact with a Covid-19 case, and is returning to the team,” Bittar said to Futgol970y, via Sport Witness.
“We are seeing some things for him, nothing from Lazio.
“We had a very juicy proposal from the Arab League, and Fabian told me; let’s wait, let’s stay in Europe.”
Balbuena moved to the London Stadium from Corinthians in the summer of 2018. Whilst he has had his fair share of first-team action, he has not managed to establish himself as a first-team regular.
At 29-years-old, Balbuena is unlikely to get better, and David Moyes has opted for the centre back pairing of Craig Dawson and Angelo Ogbonna this term.
Regardless, Moyes would have been hesitant to allow the South American to leave last month. Even though he has not had the desired impact, he did get his fair share of action.
Though Balbuena is not Moyes’ first-choice option, he does see him as a suitable cover option.
With that being said, it seems likely that Balbuena will end up leaving the London Stadium in the summer.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer