According to The Telegraph, West Ham United are interested in signing Marcus Bettinelli from Championship club Fulham in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that West Ham are interested in signing Darren Randolph from Championship outfit Middlesbrough, but a thigh injury to the Republic of Ireland international goalkeeper has put a hold to that transfer.
Bettinelli has emerged as a transfer option for Premier League outfit West Ham, with the 27-year-old goalkeeper having to compete with Marek Rodak for a place in the Fulham starting lineup, according to the report.
Need for a goalkeeper
Lukasz Fabianski is the first-choice goalkeeper at West Ham, but the 34-year-old Poland international himself is struggling with injury and will be out for a couple of weeks.
The Hammers need to sign a goalkeeper who can be an able back-up to the former Arsenal player, and can also replace him in the future, as Fabianski is in his mid-30s.
West Ham are 16th in the Premier League table at the moment with 22 points from 21 matches, just a point above the relegation zone.
- Napoli submit new offer for Mangala but Nottingham Forest not impressed
- Preview: Fulham vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: England vs Malta – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Premier League’s 2023 Ballon d’Or nominees