AC Milan want to sign Diogo Dalot from Manchester United on another loan spell with an option to buy, according to reliable transfer expert Fabrizio Romano.
The 22-year-old spent last season on loan in Italy with Milan and impressed as he went on to make 21 Serie A appearances as per Transfermarkt. The right-backs performances were so strong that he earned a maiden call-up to the Portugal national team this year as was part of his nation’s European Championship squad.
On paper, it makes sense for Dalot to join Milan. He is at a stage of his career where he needs to be playing regularly and it was evident last season that he fits in better at the San Siro than at United.
Since joining Manchester United from FC Porto in 2018, Dalot has failed to establish himself within the squad. He has thus far gone on to make 20 Premier League appearances for the club and is firmly behind Aaron Wan Bissaka in the pecking order.
Romano added that United want a €4- €5 million loan fee to make a deal happen.
Dalot has also been linked with a potential move to Real Madrid as new Los Blancos boss Carlo Ancelotti is believed to be a fan of him, so much so that the Italian wanted to sign him while Everton boss last season.
Romano added that the player is not considering a move to Madrid for now.
A move to Milan by Dalot will be the best possible move at this stage for the player and clubs involved.
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City
- Newcastle United have real interest in Real Betis playmaker Nabil Fekir
- Barcelona suffer break down in contract talks with Sergi Roberto