Tottenham Hotspur have reached an agreement with MLS outfit Montreal Impact over the free transfer of Victor Wanyama, as revealed by the club’s official website.
The Kenyan midfielder has departed Spurs after making just four appearances this season, with Jose Mourinho opting to offload the 28-year-old.
Tottenham fans took to social media to voice their thoughts over the loss of Wanyama, with the majority of supporters disappointed about how his time at the club has come to an end.
Since joining Spurs from Southampton in 2016, his time in London was hampered by injuries which looks to have informed the club’s decision to part company with the midfielder.
One season that Tottenham fans will look back on fondly is 2016/17, as Wanyama showed his full potential in their final year at White Hart Lane.
The 28-year-old notched five goals during that campaign in his 47 appearances, striking up an impressive midfield partnership with Mousa Dembele.
While Spurs fans are disappointed that they couldn’t get the best out of Wanyama for the majority of his time at the club, they will still look back fondly on his spell in the capital.
The reception given on social media looked back on his most successful year in Tottenham colours, while wishing him the best at the same time as regretting how his time with the club ended.
Here are some of the reactions from Spurs fans following the news of Wanyama’s departure to the MLS on a free transfer:
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills