Roma have agreed a fee with Chelsea to sign striker Tammy Abraham, as per Gianluca Di Marzio.
Abraham is in desperate need of a career revival. The Englishman has very little chance of getting regular first-team action at Stamford Bridge, given that he is below Timo Werner in the pecking order.
With Romelu Lukaku expected to be unveiled by the Blues, Abraham will only drop further down the list.
Since starting his professional career in 2016, Abraham has never managed to shine at Chelsea.
He did show tremendous potential during his loan spells with Bristol City and Aston Villa but has failed to achieve the same level of consistency at Stamford Bridge.
A change of environment could be exactly what Abraham needs to revive his career, and a project like Roma would suit him.
While Abraham is trying to rebuild his career, the same applies to the Giallorossi who aim to rebuild themselves as a club under new manager Jose Mourinho.
Given that Mourinho is regarded as one of the best managers of the past era and has a close association with Chelsea, the prospect of playing under the self-proclaimed Special One could be something that appeals to Abraham.
Roma may also challenge for silverware in Italy next season, given that Inter Milan and Juventus find themselves in very difficult financial positions amidst the complications caused by the pandemic.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet