Roma have agreed a fee with Chelsea to sign striker Tammy Abraham, as per Gianluca Di Marzio.
Abraham is in desperate need of a career revival. The Englishman has very little chance of getting regular first-team action at Stamford Bridge, given that he is below Timo Werner in the pecking order.
With Romelu Lukaku expected to be unveiled by the Blues, Abraham will only drop further down the list.
Since starting his professional career in 2016, Abraham has never managed to shine at Chelsea.
He did show tremendous potential during his loan spells with Bristol City and Aston Villa but has failed to achieve the same level of consistency at Stamford Bridge.
A change of environment could be exactly what Abraham needs to revive his career, and a project like Roma would suit him.
While Abraham is trying to rebuild his career, the same applies to the Giallorossi who aim to rebuild themselves as a club under new manager Jose Mourinho.
Given that Mourinho is regarded as one of the best managers of the past era and has a close association with Chelsea, the prospect of playing under the self-proclaimed Special One could be something that appeals to Abraham.
Roma may also challenge for silverware in Italy next season, given that Inter Milan and Juventus find themselves in very difficult financial positions amidst the complications caused by the pandemic.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer