Federico Fernandez has taken to Twitter to express his delight at extending his current contract at Newcastle United.
As announced on Newcastle’s official Twitter page, the Premier League club have taken up the one-year option on Fernandez’s current contract.
This means that the 31-year-old central defender will stay at St. James’ Park until the end of the 2020-21 season.
The Argentine defender has expressed his happiness at his contract situation, and believes that hard work has paid off.
Fernandez joined Newcastle from Swansea City in the summer of 2018 for a transfer fee reported by The Express to be worth £6 million.
According to WhoScored, the former Napoli defender made 17 starts and two substitute appearances in the Premier League for the Magpies last season, providing one assist in the process.
So far this campaign, Fernandez has made 20 starts and three substitute appearances in the league for Newcastle, scoring two goals and providing one assist in the process, according to WhoScored.
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet
- Five Cracking Soccer Fixtures To Stream In April 2022￼
- Arsenal star Bukayo Saka drops Champions League hint amid Man City’s interest