According to The Northern Echo, Newcastle United have made an offer for Ademola Lookman to RB Leipzig.
It has been reported that Newcastle want to sign the former Everton winger on loan in the January transfer window until the end of the season.
However, according to the report, Leipzig do not want to send the 22-year-old out on loan, but they are open to selling him on a permanent basis.
Lookman joined Leipzig from Everton in the summer of 2019 for a transfer fee reported by The Northern Echo to be worth £22.5 million after impressive at the German club on loan during the second half of last season, scoring five goals and providing three assists in 11 Bundesliga appearances, according to WhoScored.
So far this season, the 22-year-old has played just 132 minutes in the Bundesliga and only 69 minutes in the Champions League, according to WhoScored.
With Leipzig aiming to win the Bundesliga title this season and Newcastle fighting for survival in the Premier League, Lookman may not be interested in a switch to Steve Bruce’s side in the middle of the season.
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet
- Five Cracking Soccer Fixtures To Stream In April 2022￼
- Arsenal star Bukayo Saka drops Champions League hint amid Man City’s interest