Celtic midfielder Ismaila Soro has said that he wants to play for Liverpool, as quoted in The Scottish sun.
Soro has joined Scottish Premiership giants Celtic from Bnei Yahuda in Israel for a transfer fee reported by The Scottish Sun to be worth £2 million.
The 21-year-old midfielder has stated that he is pleased to have joined Celtic, but his ultimate ambition is to play for Premier League giants Liverpool.
The Scottish Sun quotes Soro as saying: “After Celtic I would like to play in the Premier League and Liverpool, that’s why the Scottish League will be very good for me.
“I’m really happy to make a career because Celtic is a great team. It’s flattering to take my career to the next level and face such a challenge.”
Good signing for Celtic
Soro is a very good and talented young midfielder who will make Celtic better in the middle of the park.
The energy and dynamism of the 21-year-old will make Neil Lennon’s side a better team, and will enhance their chances of winning the domestic treble this season as well make a major impact in the Europa League.
Future Liverpool move?
If Soro does well at Celtic and makes good progress, then he could be on the radar of Liverpool.
After all, Liverpool central defender Virgil van Dijk was once at Celtic, and now he is arguably the best player in his position in the world.
- Leon Goretzka signs new contract at Bayern Munich
- Tottenham Hotspur without six first-team stars for Rennes clash
- Arsenal told to forget about appointing Antonio Conte, but Manchester United given hope
- Pedri and Jordi Alba join lengthy Barcelona injury list
- Chelsea open to handing Conor Gallagher first-team berth if he impresses at Crystal Palace