Giovani Lo Celso has taken to Twitter to express his delight at making his loan move to Tottenham Hotspur permanent and has thanked the fans.
The 23-year-old midfielder joined Premier League club Tottenham on a season-long loan deal from Spanish outfit Real Betis in the summer of 2019.
As announced on Tottenham’s official website, the North London outfit have decided to exercise the option to make the deal permanent.
According to BBC Sport, Spurs have paid Betis a transfer fee £27.2 million to secure the services of the youngster on a permanent contract.
Lo Celso struggled to make an impact in the opening months of his loan spell at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium due to a hip injury, but he has been superb in recent weeks and has established himself as an important player in head coach Jose Mourinho’s team.
According to WhoScored, the former Paris Saint-Germain midfielder has made four starts and 10 substitute appearances in the Premier League for Spurs so far this season, and he has also scored one goal in three Champions League games.
I'm really excited to officialize my contract with @SpursOfficial and truly gratefull to keep on representing this club. Thanks to everyone who makes #THFC possible, and especially to the fans for the support 🤝⚽💪🏻 #COYS #2025 ———————— pic.twitter.com/zAI0o2u6jm— Giovani Lo Celso (@LoCelsoGiovani) January 28, 2020
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City
- Newcastle United have real interest in Real Betis playmaker Nabil Fekir
- Barcelona suffer break down in contract talks with Sergi Roberto