Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa has taken to Twitter to give his reaction to his side’s progress to the final of the EFL Cup this season.
Villa have booked their place in the final of the prestigious cup competition at the expense of their Premier League rivals Leicester City.
Dean Smith’s side got the better of the Foxes 2-1 at Villa Park in the second leg of their semi-final tie this evening, winning the tie 3-2 on aggregate.
An injury-time goal from Trezeguet settled the tie in favour of Villa, who are fighting for survival in the Premier League this season.
The Villans will now face either Manchester City or Manchester United in the final of the EFL Cup at Wembley Stadium in London this season.
Villa defender Konsa – who cost the club £12 million in transfer fees in the summer of 2019 when they signed him from Brentford, according to BBC Sport – has revelled in the win for his side on Twitter, and has also praised the fans.
We’re the famous Aston Villa and we’re going to WEMBLEY!!! The fans were immense! #UTV pic.twitter.com/Lwc7srfsaj— Ezri Konsa (@Ekonsa15) January 28, 2020
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups