Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa has taken to Twitter to give his reaction to his side’s progress to the final of the EFL Cup this season.
Villa have booked their place in the final of the prestigious cup competition at the expense of their Premier League rivals Leicester City.
Dean Smith’s side got the better of the Foxes 2-1 at Villa Park in the second leg of their semi-final tie this evening, winning the tie 3-2 on aggregate.
An injury-time goal from Trezeguet settled the tie in favour of Villa, who are fighting for survival in the Premier League this season.
The Villans will now face either Manchester City or Manchester United in the final of the EFL Cup at Wembley Stadium in London this season.
Villa defender Konsa – who cost the club £12 million in transfer fees in the summer of 2019 when they signed him from Brentford, according to BBC Sport – has revelled in the win for his side on Twitter, and has also praised the fans.
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction