Newcastle United are interested in signing Adam Lallana from Premier League rivals Liverpool in the January transfer window, according to The Telegraph.
Lallana is out of contract at Liverpool at the end of the season, and no new deal is in place.
The report has added that the 31-year-old midfielder is likely to wait until the summer of 2020 to make a decision on his future.
Good signing for Newcastle United?
Lallana may have struggled at Liverpool in recent seasons, but the former Southampton star is a proven player in the Premier League.
Newcastle need attack-minded players in the team for the second half of the season and beyond, and the 31-year-old does fit the bill.
The Englishman is fully fit now, and he would be a good signing for Newcastle next month.
However, the weekly salary of £110,000, as reported on Spotrac.com, could pose a problem for the Magpies, especially as Lallana is 31 years of age and does not have a lot of re-sale value.
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City